Yoga for Labour and Birth Workshop
If interested – please email me using the contact form.
Using my experience as a holistic midwife, I have devised a unique sequence of yoga poses and breathing exercises to help expectant mothers at each stage of their labour and birth.
Birth Partners are welcome and this workshop will help them learn all the techniques to be able to support you better!
What you will learn:
- In this 2-hour yoga workshop you will navigate through a series of poses to use from early labour right through to the birth of the placenta.
- You will recognise the poses from your pregnancy yoga class but there will be an emphasis to open your hips and womb and allow energy and focus to draw inwards and downwards.
- You will also practise various breathing techniques to help you focus during contractions, re-centre in between contractions, and to minimise tearing of the perineum.
- Together with your birth partner, you will try various birthing positions and massage and myofascial release techniques.
- You will discover how essential oils* can help you relax during your labour and how you can use them at different stages of your labour. (* you will receive a bonus video after your workshop)
- We will finish with a guided relaxation.
- This will be followed by a Q&A session.
This pregnancy yoga workshop is designed for expectant mothers and their birth partners (are also welcome).
You will be provided with a handout which will be sent to you ahead of the workshop. This handout includes the different stages of labour, how to move during each stage and the breathing techniques and essential oils used.
How do you prepare:
Just wear comfortable clothes to move around in and have some questions prepared for the Q&A session. Also, have a pen handy so you can write down any notes. Perhaps keep some snacks handy in case you get hungry. Have a bottle of water with you.
After the workshop you will have the opportunity to order and purchase some of the essential oils we use in the workshop. Card payments only.
Your own living room – this will be livestreamed!
Please have plenty of space to lay down a yoga mat and move around in, and have a cushion or two to sit on.